Duhok Agricultural Company
The farm is in operation since 1982.
Initially commissioned by Lohmann Tierzucht GmbH, Germany as a Layer Farm.
DAC farm consists of:
- Battery Cages, feeding system, silos, drinking system, egg collection conveyors from Kutlusan Poultry Equipment-Turkey in 20 sheds
- Feed mill from Yemtar, Turkey and
- New egg store.
- The existing farm consist of 15 farms, feed mill, hatchery, one egg store, veterinary complex, water pumping station, etc.
- Every farm/ complex is approximately 1-2 km away from each other.
- There is an abundant supply of sweet water from nearby Mosul Dam built on the Tigris River. It is pumped to a Tank and then supplied to all farms.
- Every farm has a power supply from the country’s electricity grid, has in house power sub-station, and is also backed up by Generators.
- Every complex has an approx. 200m2 office.
- All farms are protected by wire mesh security fencing and manned by security personnel.
|Total Number of Farms||15 Farms|
|Total number of sheds in all the 15 farms||130 Sheds
Each shed measuring 130 x 12.5 meters
|Feed Mill complex||ONE|
|Veterinary / Laboratory complex||ONE|
Layer Farming Status
- Total number of Chickens (Layer) currently in the farm: 550,000 Chickens
- Current daily egg production: 470,000 Eggs equivalent to 1,300 Cartons